Department of Mechanical Engineering has emerged the original Faculty of Engineering which itself had been established in 1958. The department now has 1489 B.Sc. students, 170 M.Sc. students and 31 Ph.D. students.
Department of Mechanical Engineering consists of the following five departments:
· Department of Mechanical Engineering
· Department of Manufacturing
· Department of Material Engineering
· Department of Industrial Engineering
· Department of Chemical Engineering
This department is equipped with 25 laboratories and workshops and has a high potential to carry out under and post-graduate research projects. The library with almost 900 issues of reference journals and 9500 books provides a suitable environment to cover under and post-graduate educational programs.